Ideal Care, LLC
When the care has to be great, we make sure it's ideal.
Offline Application Option (Preferred)
If you feel so inclined to, you can download the application in PDF format, print it, fill it out to completion, and then mail it in. Please download the application using the button below. IF you download the Application “Only fill out areas referring to you — and leave areas you DON’T KNOW— BLANK”.Mailing Address
4135 N 108th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85037
Job Application “In Person” Preferred: At the Office we can walk you through the Application in 1/2 an hour!
Starting Salary: $19.00/hr ATC | $19.00/hr RSP | $20.50/hr HAB
Hours: Part-Time Positions Available Only (Not to Exceed 40 hours per week)
A Direct Care Worker provides assistance and care to the youth with day-to-day needs who are residents at the home.
The job description of a Direct Care Worker involves patience, empathy, strong interpersonal skills, and a detailed knowledge of best care practices. Demonstrate and guide Youth and Adults with their daily living skills, maintaining structure on a daily basis. A Direct Care Worker provides a number of services depending on the needs of the Member/Consumer; examples of these might include, assisting Members with daily living activities, prompting individuals on independent living or other emotionally focused issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Direct Care Worker:
• Helps maintain the structure of the Home by assisting Member/Consumer throughout the day by following pre-arranged schedule
• Assists ensure residents follow recommended daily hygiene tasks.
• Requires assisting individuals with hygiene and providing personal care
• Possible ensuring that Members/Consumers take their prescribed medications.
• Prepares meals that adhere to special dietary considerations of Members/Consumers.
• Assists with light cleaning and housework, and helps resident’s complete basic household tasks.
• Model and coach basic emotion regulation skills
• Works with youth and their school needs, providing support and assistance during daily activities.
• Meets with family to discuss needs of residents as discussed by treatment team.
• Organizes activities for Members/Consumers.
• Supervise the physical and psychological well-being of Members/Consumers in his/her care.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Skills required include patience and compassion,
• Possesses excellent interpersonal skills.
• Works well with a variety of different individuals.
• Possesses detailed knowledge of patient’s condition, symptoms, and medications.
• Exhibits ability to think quickly and act calmly in an Emergency.
• Demonstrates strong organizational, and time management skills
• Communicates clearly and effectively, strong verbal and written communication, possesses strong listening skills,
• Pays close attention to detail, has problem solving ability, with good conflict resolution.
• Demonstrates awareness of proper first aid and emergency response procedures
• Possesses physical stamina required to help individuals.
• Possesses emotional strength necessary to work with potentially traumatized youth
• Maintains friendly and open demeanor at all times.
Education and Experience:
• A direct care worker holds at least a high school diploma. Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Direct Care Workers are also required to successfully complete all necessary training and background checks prior to working with the youth.
• Work Environment
• A Direct Care Worker will spend the majority of his or her working hours working in a 1-1 ratio with their Member/Consumer, working on the Member/Consumer’s needs, focused on completing daily tasks. Other times might be transporting will be spent transporting Member/Consumer to school activities or other appointments outside of the home. Shifts vary, depending on the needs of the Members/Consumers – some Direct Care Workers might cover Morning Hour Shifts/Times, while other Direct Care Workers might cover Afternoon/Night Shifts/Times. The job of a Direct Care Worker can be physically and emotionally taxing, especially when working with high-needs individuals but very rewarding Emotionally!